There are almost 7 million road accidents in the United States every year. Some accidents are minor, while others lead to serious damage and injuries. If you are an unlucky one and get involved in a motor vehicle accident, you should consider hiring a lawyer who will represent your court of law.
If you live in the state of Georgia and search for legal representation, our Atlanta car accident lawyer is ready to assist you. Here is what you need to know right at the beginning:
Things To Know When You Are Involved in a Car Accident In Georgia
- Georgia is an at-fault state, meaning that you receive compensation by filing an insurance claim against the driver who has caused an accident.
- It is crucial to understand that insurance companies always try to find reasons to deny claims. Therefore, it is worth hiring an attorney who specialises in car accident cases. A knowledgeable and experienced attorney will be able to help you receive a fair settlement from an insurance provider.
- You always deserve to be compensated if a car accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence.
- Make sure to read thoroughly the fine print before signing any documents and agreements.
You Are Involved in a Car Accident in Georgia: What Steps Should You Take?
Are you involved in a road accident? Here are the steps you should follow:
- Call 911. It is the very first action you need to take. Police should create a report of a road accident. Also, people involved in an accident may need medical attention, and damaged vehicles might need to be removed.
- Take pictures. Make sure to take as many pictures as possible. Do not waste your time and take pictures immediately after an accident. You should take pictures from different angles and of every detail. Do not forget to photograph your injuries as well. However, make sure not to post any of your pictures on social media.
- Inform your insurance company of what happened. It is crucial to report an accident to your insurance company. However, make sure not to provide any extensive details. Just tell the basics, such as the location of an accident, the date and time, and who was involved in it.
- Collect all the documentation. This includes reports, pictures, invoices, pills, and others. Do not forget to take a copy of a police report.
- Contact your car accident lawyer. Make sure to reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible. Why is it so important? Car accident lawsuits have certain deadlines, and you should not miss them. In the state of Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is usually two years after the date of an accident. If you do not file a claim within two years, you may not receive compensation.
If you are involved in a car collision in Atlanta, GA due to someone else’s negligence, you can seek legal advocacy to recover damages. Do not hesitate to reach out to Atlanta car accident lawyer, who is ready to work hard to see your case through. Our dedicated and experienced legal team knows the ins and outs of the law, insurance companies, and courts. Please contact us if you have any questions or want to schedule your first consultation.